Book club Sunday : Bridgerton The Duke And I

 I am going to try and start of bit of series here .I love to read and I have read a lot during this pandemic. So every Sunday will be a book review and at the end I will tell you what I am currently reading so you can read along I you want to and comment when the review is posted your thoughts this might not work so bare with me .



So I am going to be starting with this the first book of the bridgerton series.  I will give you what is said in the blurb then will give you my opinions.  


"Can there be any greater challenge to London's Ambitious Mamas than an unmarried duke? Lady Whistledown's Society Papers, April 1813

By all accounts, Simon Basset is on the verge of proposing to his best friend's sister, the lovely - and almost-on-the-shelf - Daphne Bridgerton. But the two of them know the truth - it's all an elaborate plan to keep Simon free from marriage-minded society mothers. And as for Daphne, surely she will attract some worthy suitors now that it seems a duke has declared her desirable . . .

Their ruse works like a charm - at first. But as Daphne waltzes across ballroom after ballroom with Simon, it's hard to remember that their courtship is a complete sham. Maybe it's his devilish smile, certainly it's the way his eyes seem to burn every time he looks at her. It wasn't the plan, but it seems she's falling for the duke, for real. And amidst the glittering, gossipy, cut-throat world of London's elite, there is only one certainty: love ignores every rule . . . "


Now I will start by saying I read this two days I was Hooked I just couldn't put it down . I had watched the series on Netflix before reading the book but I have to say I think  the book outshines it . I struggled to get in to the series .I have to say I don't think the series really captures the romance and the true connection between Daphne and Simon. I also find the series miss out big chunks of the book . How Simon and Daphne meet is also different in the book. We learn a lot more about there  marriage in the book how Daphne convinces Simon to have children in the end.  Spoiler in the book we learn that they go on to have 4 children were in the series this is not shown. Also we don't get to see the second epilogue in the series now weather they will be made in to a separate series I guess we will see. However I noticed in the actual book you don't get the second epilogue where a the kindle version you do . I Will definitely be reading the rest .

I am currently reading the flat share by Beth O'leary  if you like to read this and share your thoughts when I post the review . For real time reviews follow me on Instagram link in the side bar 



No comments:

Post a Comment