Living with chronic pain

Hello I am back today  with a different post I have done posts on here about my struggles with anxiety now I want to share the struggles of chronic pain . 



If you dont know I suffer with degenerative disc disease in my lumbar spine so what this means is that discs in my lower back are loosing fluid and thinning causing pain . I also have 2 slipped disc in my lower back which cause sciatica.  There is a nerve in your back  called the sciatic nerve which when some thing press it on cause pain to shoot down your leg . So now I have explained briefly what's wrong I will now get to point . 


As a young person with chronic pain you feel constantly judged . It feels like people see you getting out the car in disabled space and think your young why you parking there. You go in disabled toilet its the same thing I remember being in a restaurant for my birthday the toilets were upstairs and because I didn't want to judgment form the staff when I went up to get the key to the disabled toilet I battled the stairs. As I came back down a guy shouted should of wore trainers because I was wearing heels i wouldn't normally but I knew i would be mainly sat down so wouldn't cause to much pain. He assumed because I was it the heels causing the problem not my back  pain which if I had wore trainers as he suggested I would struggled with the stairs the same way. 


People don't understand how chronic pain effects a person they don't get that there will be a couple days week where you wake up feeling sick with pain they don't get that will be days you can't leave the house . There will  be days you don't sleep or wake at 5am in pain. I saw a article about spoons and it very true its like you only have so many spoons to do things before pain kicks in and you can't do anymore.  


This is not me having a moan it me try to make people aware of chronic pain and the effects because it is a invisible disability and because of that people don't understand.  So next time you see a young person get out a car in disabled space or use a disabled toilet just think not all disabilities are visible and you don't know what that persons goes through on a daily basis it might have  been a real struggle for them to leave house that day .

No comments:

Post a Comment