Sunday book club : The escape room megan golding

Hello so I am back with another book review I actually picked this up from the library thinking it was from author I had already but it wasn't not and thing so let's crack on !




 

So If you have read one these before you know it we start with the blurb then I get in my options I try not put spoilers in incase people reading haven't read the book and are looking at reviews to make there choice . 

"'Welcome to the escape room. Your goal is simple. Get out alive.' In the lucrative, high-pressure world of Wall Street finance, Vincent, Jules, Sylvie and Sam are the best of the best. Their team makes billion-dollar deals. They live lives of vanity and luxury. Making money is the only thing that matters and they'll do whatever it takes to get ahead - and to get what they're owed. But when the four of them become trapped in an elevator escape room, things start to go terrifyingly wrong. In the pursuit of wealth they've learned to live with each other's secrets and flaws, but in the confines of the elevator their rivalries and jealousies are laid bare, leaving them dangling on the precipice of disaster. They'll have to work together to solve the puzzles that will release them from the elevator, but the clues they're given force them to reckon with their past - and long-departed colleagues. And as their escape grows more and more improbable, one secret is revealed that they can't ignore: one of them is a killer."


So from the blurb is actually doesn't tell you a lot  so will tell you bit more .So basically the main character sarah hall goes to work for high pressure corporate firm where it basically keep up or get out . Sarah works for the company for number years then someone in the office commutes suicide when Sarah suggests this may not be the case she is pushed out the company.  After this there are all sorts of twists and turns which eventually end up with escape room. 

I loved this book it kept me gripped I never knew what was going on and it was only towards the end I figured what was going on. It was very fast paced book i read it in days very much  my sort of thing.  I f you like a good suspense thriller I would highly recommend you read this.  I gave this boom 5 stars I plan on reading other books by this author. 






No comments:

Post a Comment